Hey guys, I just wanted to update you on the Zipit Z2 project for project weekend. This morning I assembled all the parts I needed to get things going. Here is what I did:
- Formatted an 8GB microSD as FAT32 the slow way from Windows 7
- Downloaded Flashstockv0.1.2_openwrt.zip
- Extracted the Flashstock onto the MicroSD
- Turned off the Zipit by using a paperclip in the tiny hole on the left.
- Inserted my 8GB MicroSD into a MiniSD adapter.
- Inserted MiniSD adapter with 8GB MicroSD into the Zipit.
- Powered on Zipit..
- Went through the uBoot flash process, very simple; keep your Zipit plugged in.
- Got OpenWRT booting..
Then HERES where I run into the problem. I keep getting stuck in some kind of loop. OpenWRT asks for a password, I input it, and then it asks for MAC Address, and I have all of 5 seconds to input it before it says ‘TERMINATE’, and then goes to the shell prompt and then shuts down.
This is where I stand right now, and I’d like to put this down the for the weekend and think about it for next week. Maybe I will get back to it tonight.
BIG thanks to Mozzwald.com and the guys in IRC chat on #Zipit and #Zipit-dev